- North Kaibab Trail
- South Kaibab Trail
- Bright Angel Trail
- National Park Service backcountry information site
- GrandCanyonHiker.com Good overall information.
Also check out the pages on each of the corridor trails
South Kaibab, and
-- There are nice elevation charts for those trails. They also have a very good section on
- Corridor Trails locations with water as well as distance/elevation information. You can also view
a Trail Overview Map --
Similar information to the previous link, but more visual, less tabular.
- Canyon Hiking Tips --
These are excellent. Plan on following all of these tips except the obvious
one about hiking to the river and back in one day.
- Read the Summer Hiking Tips, too.
We are on the edges of the danger months and we have to be prepared for someone in the party to
- Three-day NOAA
Forecast for the Grand Canyon area. In general, the high at Phantom Ranch is about 20 degrees higher than at
the rim. Right now (early Tuesday), the forecast is for Saturday to be hot…about 97 at Phantom Ranch.
I'll send a notice to everyone if the high is forecast to be more than 95 °F.
- Not a link, but the phone number to the Grand Canyon backcountry office belongs here somewhere: 928-638-7888.
They can tell you about actual water availability, and they can give you information about permits, too.
- Some of my ideas about what to pack.